4794 S. Main Street, Acworth, GA
The Acworth Depot was built as part of a downtown park on the site where a railroad depot served the community for over 125 years. First occupying the site in the 1840s, that depot was burned during the Civil War. It was rebuilt after the war and then replaced by a new, larger depot in 1893. The new depot (#4) houses a history center featuring a kiosk with videos detailing the history of Acworth and remembrances of many citizens collected by the Save Acworth History Foundation in its video history series. On display are the original freight scales from the 1893 depot, many artifacts donated, and oral history videos by long-time Acworth residents. The History Center is open daily from 8 AM to 9 PM.