If you are a graduating senior in the Acworth area who is planning to major or minor in history in college, check out our Scholarship Criteria and Application to see if you might qualify for one of our scholarships.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to download the application and criteria.
Scholarship Application Form for Class of 2023
Submission of completed Essay and Application Form must be received via email to: SaveAcworthHistory@gmail.com
By 11:59 PM on March 31, 2023
Student Name: Print/Signature/Date___________________________________________________________________________________
Student Phone Number/E-Mail Address________________________________________________________________________________
Parent Name: Print/Signature/Date____________________________________________________________________________________
Parent Address, if diﬀerent from student______________________________________________________________________________
Parent Phone Number/E-Mail Address________________________________________________________________________________
Recommending Teacher Name: Print/Signature/Date_________________________________________________________________
Registrar or Counselor Name: Print/ Signature/Date ________________________________________________________________
(Conﬁrmation that the applicant has 3.25 grade average or above)
Class of 2023
Deadline for Submission is March 31, 2023
The Save Acworth History Foundation (“SAHF”) Scholarship Committee will award up to four one-time, non-renewable $1000 scholarships to graduating seniors who have displayed an interest in history and are planning to major or minor in or pursue the study of history in a full-time, accredited college or university in the United States.
1. Applicant must have at least a 3.25 GPA.
2. Applicant must Submit a double-spaced essay of 500 words or less, sharing what aspect of history is of interest to him/her. Please tell us:
- If you feel that it is important to be familiar with history and why?
- If you feel that an interest in history has contributed to fulfillment of your future goals and aspirations (please explain).
3. The application should also list the student’s extracurricular activities, honors, volunteering, recognition, awards, and community involvement. [Note: This information does not count against the 500 word maximum.]
4. Applicant must indicate the college(s) or university(s) to which he/she has applied and/or been accepted.
5. Applicant must name the course of study that he/she plans to pursue.
6. One letter of recommendation by high school teacher or school administrator must be included.
7. Each submission must be accompanied by the SAHF Scholarship Application Form.
The application form and letter of recommendation should be returned via email to the SAHF Scholarship Committee at SaveAcworthHistory@gmail.com
The SAHF Scholarship Committee will select scholarship winners. The number of scholarships awarded will be at the sole discretion of the Scholarship Committee and scholarships will be presented during the school’s awards night program.
Funds will be sent directly to the college/university that the student will be attending Fall 2023.
Copyright © 2019-2023 Save Acworth History Foundation - a 501(c)(3) organization Tax [EIN] ID # 46-3512127 - All Rights Reserved.